John Schwab To Speak On Trends In Health Care Enforcement
By: John A. Schwab
On November 9, 2018, John Schwab, co-chair of Pietragallo’s government enforcement group, will present to physicians and medical providers at The Pennsylvania Pain Society: 2018 Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions in Bedford, PA. The presentation, “Overcoming the Fear of Prescribing: Defending Your Patient and Practice,” will discuss current trends in health care investigations and prosecutions. The presentation will also focus on government initiatives directly affecting prescribers of opioids and drug addiction medicine. More information on The Pennsylvania Pain Society conference can be found here.
The November 9 presentation is the most recent of Mr. Schwab’s presentations regarding health care fraud allegations, which include the following:
- “Government Investigations & Prosecutions – Focus: Opioid and Drug Addiction Treatment,” Pietragallo Law Firm (Monroeville, PA), June 12, 2018
- “Opioid Enforcement in 2018: DOJ, HHS, DEA, FBI – Who Does What?,” The New York State Pain Society: 2018 Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions (West Harrison, New York), April 28, 2018
- “Health Care Compliance: Government Enforcement & Opioids,” Health Law Section, Allegheny County Bar Association (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania), February 9, 2018
- “DOJ and DEA Opioid Enforcement in 2018,” The Pennsylvania Pain Society: Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions (Hershey, Pennsylvania), December 10, 2017
- “Investigations & Compliance: What’s New in Government Enforcement and Internal Investigations,” Pietragallo Law Firm (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania), October 25, 2017
- “Health Care Fraud Enforcement in the Trump Administration,” Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Pittsburgh Chapter (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania), October 11, 2017
More information on the Pietragallo firm’s expertise in Physician and Prescriber Defense can be found here.